Dissidia Multiverse

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Dissidia Multiverse

Post  Agrippa on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:06 am

Chaos

"Then I will grant some small portion of power in return." Chaos states plainly to the Joker. "I will give unto you one weapon of great power. The Fool's Flail." Calling the object named from thin air, Chaos presents it to Joker a swirled multi-colorered mummers rod with a black metal harlequin's head hanging from an ebon chain. Hesitatingly, Chaos concludes by saying, "I shall also grant you access to knowledge in four of these circles, the paths of the white mage, black mage, blue mage, mystic knight, gunner, geomancer and ninja."
Agrippa

Aries Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:09 am

Darkseid
The granite stare of a god passes over the mercenary, seeming to know all there is to know in that instant. His lips tighten, and his eyes flare. "Explain yourself, insect." He says, menace creeping in. It's taking all his self control not to disintegrate him on the spot.

Loki
"Good enough for me." The god says, glad at the lack of suspicion. His willing to work with Darkseid for a short time, but has no real loyalty to the cause Rather, he sees the opportunity to kill some of his foes and further his own power by removing them. He'll help the god of tyranny only so long as it furthers his own cause. And then he'll take another side.
It's only to be expected, he's god of chaos, after all.

Ares
He's willing to fight alongside Darkseid for the simple reason a conflict has come, and all those who did him wrong are on the other side of the battle. To him, it's simple. He will win, and he will prove himself superior to Thor and Hercules at long last. The fact that Darkseid is very obviously evil doesn't even factor in to him.

Steppenwolf
The tall New God touches the device on his belt, releasing a roar of sound. A boom Tube opens to New Genesis, and the hunter strides through, activating his whip as he does. Kalibak lumbers through behind him, as does Loki and Ares, all preparing themselves for war in the heavens.

Sephiroth
The one winged angel looks down at Strange, curious, then looks at Bane. "Are we going then?"
draxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiromaniac on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:48 am

Dr. Hugo Strange

"Yes, sir." He took a quick look at the people he was going to be leading home. "Yes. I guess we will go. Come along then." He turned and started heading for the door, ignoring the mercenary as if he weren't there.
Hiromaniac

Leo Monkey

View user profile http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/4322895

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiromaniac on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:08 am

Judge Gabranth

Gabranth proudly strolled down the walkway in the throne room. Seeing that Chaos was already speaking to some man in a purple suit, he silently sat down in the chair that was reserved for him. He knew he would have to explain his tardiness, but it would be a mistake to interrupt him for a simple apology.

Jecht

Jecht wandered in the room and looked around. He seemed to be drunk as he stumbled forward. He confirmed this thought as he took a drink from a jug. He stumbled over to a pillar where he would sit then eventually lay down.
Hiromaniac

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:25 am

Deadpool
"Insect? GASP! How did you know what I really was?!" The Merc with the Mouth snapped his fingers in Darkseid's directions. "Darkyyyy. Hi." Deadpool paused for a moment. "Now, Darkels, The nice Wormhole told me you are doing cool evil god stuff, and I wanted to check you out. Before I join your Not-So-Justice League, I gotta check out your other warriors. Deal?"
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

View user profile http://ratpackrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrippa on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Chaos

Elaborating further Chaos adds, "To be more exact, I require you to disrupt Darkseid's weapons shipments to Intergang and then demolish the Arena of Tainted Souls and the soul prisons within Mephisto's realm. This will weaken him greatly. You are to then attack and dismantle the forges of Izaya, Odin and Cosmos. While they may be rebuilt their loss, no matter who brief can tilt the odds in our favor." Chaos then looks up towards Gabranth and Jecht saying, "You're late, though I presume your tardyness is not without cause. Come forward and speak." Spreading his wings Chaos beckons the two to come.
Agrippa

Aries Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 pm

New Genesis
Darkseid's fleet is already moving, his orders carried out by his zealous troops who worshipped him as a god.
The bridge doors opened with an artificial hiss and Steppenwolf strode in, down the curving walkway to his command chair. Ares stood at his right hand, Loki at his left, both respectfully silent.
"Are you certain of this?" he asked the entire bridge itself, but keeping his eyes focused on the massive viewscreen before him. The fleet was assembling into battle groups of 10,000 ships each, and these groups were further dividing into squadrons. Steppenwolf was curious, as though watching an elaborate demonstration, o entertainment.
"Darkseid gave the order himself, Lord Steppenwolf." one of those sleek killer droids replied, not looking away from its task either. "It's final."
"Then it is final. Begin our invasion immediately. New Genesis has just begun a war it can't finish."
With that, he hit the first of the sequence switches, and the ships departed, making their way towards New Genesis, with all the forces of Apokolips.
draxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiromaniac on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:24 pm

Judge Gabranth

Gabranth quickly stood and strolled before Chaos. He kneeled with his head bowed. "Forgive me, my lord. I have no excuse and I am ready to accept whatever punishment I deserve."

Jecht

Jecht pulled himself up and made his way next to Gabranth. "Suck up." He meant to say it under his breath, but was a bit louder than he thought he was. "And I was uhh... Going to the little boy's room. This building's like a cloister." He took another drink from his jug.
Hiromaniac

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrippa on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Chaos

"So Judge Gabranth, you believe your lateness is a act worthy of punishment. Very well then," Chaos sighs, "punishment you shall recieve. As your pennance you will accompany Joker on his first missions. And Jecht, while honestly appreciate your independent-mindedness and, uh, charm, I expect you to apologize to Gabranth." Turning his back to the trio Chaos in his refined, if deep and gutteral voice, concludes, "I also expect you to aid Gabarnth and Joker. Now Joker, would be so kind as to explain what each mission entails to your comrades, here and now so I can remind you of exactly what I told you? Afterwards you may disembark you tasks."
Agrippa

Aries Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:44 am

Joker

His eyes narrow. "We'll talk about the paths later. I'll take the flail." He says, snatching it and twirling it like a conductors baton.

Sinestro

The Yellow lantern looks out into space as well, his ring flaring as he does. He found himself quite anticipating the coming battle.
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  acecipher on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:24 am

Tony Stark/Iron Man

Stark, as always, is wary of the bargin telepathically beamed into his head. "Well... what of our home world? How will our actions here help out those we've already spent countless hours, and sometimes made the ultimate sacrifice, already protecting and defending?"

acecipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:09 am

This is a message. Someone really needs to play Highfather and a few of the other New Gods, or this will be over very quickly, and be quite boring.

Battle for New Genesis

It was a scene of pandemonium. Silent, crystalline explosions surrounded by green, violet or magenta auras. Gracefully floating crags of melted steel; icicle sprays that might have been blood.

The operations center was a mess, electrical haze filling the cramped space, sparks occasionally shooting from damaged equipment.
Space warped, and vomited daggers into the battlefield around humongous flagship that was Lord Darkseids command ship, black and silver shapes already forming into squadrons and spreading for the massive armoured shapes around the shining blue world.

"Jam..." Steppenwolf began from the Shrike's bridge, indifferent as he watched orbital platforms peppering aloof armored forms of the gods themselves and battleships with particle beams and photon missiles, all having no visible effect. He was a figure of barbaric splendor, primitive power amidst the triumph of science. He seemed more a part of the forests and hills then any living figure. He took a deep breath and started again, hand reaching for his particle whip as he did so, which he stroked with unconscious passion. "Jam all communication spectrums. Send the signal to Darkseid, appraising him of the situation. All ships...break and attack."

"Accomplished." one of the sleek droids said to confirm all of The New Gods commands. The droids did not seem to pay him any attention, their metallic fingers running over the controls. They didn’t really need his orders, they knew how to deal with this.

The Ship sped up, going to combat speed as it approached the nearest of the Highfathers ships. Its two huge gun barrels glowed brightly, turrets already releasing a torrent of fire down onto the cosmically tempered armour. The metal cracked and bubbled where it was hit repeatedly, but the ship seemed unaware, still making its way toward the flagship.
"Reroute the power from the shields to the cannon batteries. Total commitment, a single lance. Fire at will."

At Steppenwolf's instruction, a controller pulled a switch, which ignited a blinking pannel. Two more pushed a series of buttons. A thick beam of light pulsed slowly from a long, heavily blockaded shaft. For a moment, the battle seemed still, seeming to hang in anticipation.
Then the moment passed, and the two great weapons fired simultaneously, hot white beams coming together and striking in a single point. The ship exploded, huge pieces of armour flying out into space. It’s engines stalled and died, momentum carrying it forward in the frictionless space. A second barrage reduced the ship to steaming slag that immediately cooled in the vacuum.

Steppenwolf smiled slightly at the display, then turned to the next target. "Repeat."

Ares
"This is a bad war. Where is the honor, when thousands die unable even to show valor?" The war god muttered, feeling ill at ease standing there, watching the war. He didn't like events being so far beyond his control. Not one bit. He was not used to being a mere observer, powerless to control his own fate in battle. The feeling was not welcome.

"That you use such flame weapons as much as you have speaks poorly for the pride of thy leaders. We should respect courage, even in our foes, not spend lives so wantonly. No man should be killed by powers beyond his understanding, impossible to resist or fight back against." He added, still fining the experience most diststeful.

Before his eyes, the weapons fired again. It touched - only for an instant - one of the enemies Star Cruisers that was surging in the midst of the heaviest fighting. And the next instant, that Star Cruiser was vaporized. Blown to dust. Returned to its most elemental of particles in a single burst of light.

Loki
"I think you're just jealous you didn't think of it." Loki says, shivering in delight. He's enjoying this more then is healthy, imagining that it is Asgard in flames, and all those who defied and wronged him were burning.

"Because it's delightful."

The ships of the opposing fleet were not doing as well. Caught between the Anvil of Darkseid's fleet with no room to maneuver and no way to retreat they take horrific casualties, dying in a blaze of glory, three dying for every single enemy ship they take down with them, with none of their leaders providing leadership or direction to allow them to strike back as a cohesive force. Initially they had outnumbered the available forces of Darkseid two-to-one, not counting their fortifications and support from the planet. Now the numbers were roughly equal.
Darkseids forces strain even harder, sensing victory. Not one of them even tries to retreat. The lord of Apokolips' subjects revere him so much that they honestly don't care about the threat of death, or are so terrefied of him they fear death far more then they fear what Darkseid will do to them if they run.

Steppenwolf
The hunter turned, and his whip blurred, lashing around Ares' neck and pulling taunt, threatening to snap it. Before the god could retaliate, he put him in a hold, leaving him unable to retaliate, staring directly into Stepenwolf's eyes. His mad, burning yellow eyes gleamed. "For the greater glory of Darkseid. Remember that." He says, then releases Ares and turns to the Robot.

"Turn Portside. Board an enemy ship. Let us wet our appetite for more conventional slaughter."

Thanos
Thanos shot through space in his throne-vessel, stars nothing but bright white lines streaking by at incomprehensible speeds. Several equivalent of days of neverending lightspeed travel were grating on even the Titan's nerves. He would glad when it was finally done with. And that would be soon.

The Mad Titan stares down at the world, eyes madly wild, ignoring the battle that raged around him like so many buzzing insects. Now what? His first impulse was to remain in orbit, ignite the atmosphere, and watch the world shrivel and die. Sounded like the best option, when considered against manually trawling the place, looking for the Highfather. The insignificant beings on the planet didn't matter to him, after all.

But corpses could not answer questions. So be it. He'd tear them apart with nothing but his dread hands. That in mind, he begins to look for some victims, and finally takes note of the battle raging around him. He has not yet chosen a side.
draxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrippa on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:22 pm

(OOC: I think we should put this on hold until we can get players for Izaya and some other New Gods. I'll work on it today.)
Agrippa

Aries Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:14 pm

((Well your Gamesmaster. Can't you do them as NPC's?))
draxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrippa on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:58 pm

(OOC: I might if I can't find anyone else.)
Agrippa

Aries Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Thaal Sinestro

There is a bright flash of golden yellow, blinding all, then a stream of it erupts from the flagship, centered around a tiny figure hovering above the battle a moment, a bubble of energy encasing him completely.
When he is sure he has all their attention, he smiles, and the light flares again.

"Lets go."

He begins with deadly attacks, and uses his natural inventiveness to go up from there. Th first are yellow sheets expanding from him, each one two dimensional, that cleave through shields, armor and people as though they weren't there, separating entire ships with lines so fine it was like they were never attached in the first place. It takes considerable concentration to imagine a 2 dimensional object, and yet her was managing eleven at once. He follows with a series of surgical, precise strikes a the larger ships, prying apart their shields to make them easy prey for the fleet.
He's already caused incredible devastation, but he's just getting warmed up.

Superman

A storm rages above New Genesis, great clouds roil and lightning thunders as the atmosphere is influenced by the war in the heavens. Occasionally, flashes make it down to the Highfathers garden.
Superman is pacing, hands folded, as he waits for someone to tell him what's going on. Occasionally he looks up at the sky, but he sees nothing to encourage him.

Thor

"Father, the war you warned us of has begun." Boomed Thor, sounding a little frustrated at the lack of action.
"Long have we been their friends. Should not Asgard march to war in their hour of need?" He says. Even Thor's senses are not fine tuned enough to pick up what is occurring half a galaxy away, but here, at Odin's Throne, his sight can be turned anywhere he wishes.
Even the mortals can now feel the snow, and it only grows heavier, until it's enough to cause alarm.

Cracklord

Cancer Goat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:42 pm

((The real problem with this game is nobody is taking charge, they are just waiting around for someone to tell them what to do, not a lack of characters.))

Thanos
He closes his eyes, as if coming to a decision, then he smiles. There was nothing warm or inviting in that smile, it was cold, satisfied, and indifferent to the suffering of others. He's found them. He's found them.
He waves his right hand vaguely, summoning a glittering arc of cosmic energy, then he and his throne vanish.
Before Planetary, John Constantine and Superman, a massive golden throne appears, in reality a almost indestructible superdense carbon compound that gleamed like gold. Thanos sits in place a moment, staring down at them, then leans forward, his smile widening in clear pleasure. He wants to break something now. Or someone. He's always at his happiest when destroying things. And there were so many breakable things nearby. Like the entire universe.
"Insects." He says dismissively, stepping past the five humans.
He stops just out of reach of The Man of Steel, towering above him, and tilts his head slightly as he does so.
More energy is wreathed around his fists, a green, glowing energy that makes The Last Son of Krypton feel weak. Lifting his fists in what somewhat resembles a boxers pose, except most boxers don't have fists the size of a torso, he intensifies the energy, then advances on you, still smiling, his craggy face seeming particularly demented. The two of them would destroy the planet. He's not worried. It's not his planet. "The name is Thanos." With that he moves with shocking speed, particularly considering his bulky body, and smashes his fist in an enormous arc with oblivion on the end, that ends in Superman's face with an impact that sends shock-waves that could be felt for miles and made the entire floating city tremble.

Steppenwolf
He smiles as he watches the yellow lantern bring havoc to the already suffering fleet. The invasion was working as planned, they were almost broken. Then all that would be left was mopping up the last pockets of resistance, then occupying the planet itself.

And then he would hand it over to Darkseid, and his master would be transcendent. He was already looking forward to it. He could barely wait.

Ares
Rubbing his neck irritably, he glares at Steppenwolf, promising he would take the time to show the New God his insides when this was over. Nobody shamed the god of war. Nobody.

"So this is it. Now I fight for my enemy in a battle I am certain to win. I am the general of a war that is fought without honor, pride or skill. A war of button pushing and machines, of treachery. What need is there for me?"

Loki
"Stop complaining, will you? Some of us are trying to win here." Loki growls, sick to death of Ares already.

With that, he turns his attention back to the battle. "They are holding back. Things hav been to easy. I don't trust that." The god of chaos notes, hands behind his back, as he adjusts his horned helmet. "Why? I smell a trap."
draxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 pm

Superman

The last son of Krypton is sent flying by the force of the blow, to smash through several of the gleaming buildings around the garden. Almost half a kilometer away, he gets up, only slightly unsteady despite the huge trail he's left in the ground and splintered trunks and stumps of what used to be trees.
He reaches up, and wipes a small trickle of blood from his upper lip with the back of his hand. It's for show, the blow nearly cracked his cheekbone in half. "I know who you are." He says, straightening his shoulders and adjusting his cape. He sounds calm. Unwilling to rise to the bait,to get emotional. "You're good. You're creating the radiation exuded by kryptonite to lower my defenses. As a power source you're drawing out the solar cells my body functions on, weakening me further in the process. The perfect anti-kryptonian measures."
He moves back towards the Titan, arms held by his sides. "If I get too close, I'll weaken, and you'll beat me to a pulp. If I stay back, you'll tear me apart. And I have to hold back because of the humans, while you don't. A well thought out strategy. But you're forgetting one very important detail."

Cracklord

Cancer Goat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Planetary

"That would be us. Drums?"

"Right. This is going to feel so good..."

Insects, he called them. They weren't fighters, weren't warriors. At least, not in any traditional sense. They were archeologists of the unknown, people of vision who looked beyond violence as the best and easiest solution.

That didn't mean they didn't know how to fight. It just meant they knew how to fight smart.

Thanos had ignored the five humans in favor of the man with the most physical power. But power takes many forms, and he had unwittingly handed one of Planetary a great deal of it. His chair was Celestial technology; its drive more advanced than anything crafted by human hands.

Enter, then, the most powerful technopath and informational blackhole Earth possessed. It only took a few taps for the Drummer to bond with it. To reprogram it.

Thanos finds himself scooped up by his chair, and forcibly sent away; it's warp engines activate, it's final destination randomly generated. The Mad Titan would be able to return...eventually.

"Oh...I feel so..." He moans, and almost everyone in the room feels a very powerful urge to step back and ignore the Drummer for a very long period of time.

"Kiss me, Jakita."

"...I will drop kick you across the Grand Canyon."

Bullseye

In his penthouse suite, Bullseye goes on the internet, looks up Mary Jane. The model had no small amount of admirers(and haters) online; an itinerary would be beautiful. He already had some ideas about her death-but he stopped himself from doing so almost immediately. First he had to know her. Then he'd kill her.
industrious

Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Superman

He gives them a smile that had made the entire world fall in love with him. "Well played." He says. "That bought us time. We need to act now, before he comes back.Now, try to find Highfather and get him to wake up, this is going to go very badly if you can't, and we have no easy way off the planet. Constantine, he's a god, so he should be throwing around a lot of metaphysical weight. See if you can sense it. Drums, filter through all the planets information, look for him. He should be at the center of it, given that the entire planet is centered around him. Elijah, keep the two on the job, Ambrose, keep them alive. Jakita? You're with me. We're going to get into the upper atmosphere and see what's causing this war." He says, taking charge with all the expertise of a man who had spent most of his life turning dysfunctional extreme personalities into the most cohesive, tight-knit teams imaginable.
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrippa on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:42 pm

(OOC: Please everyone, let's just put the game on hold until I can either get more players or until I can settle into taking up a few more characters myself. I'm begging you. Besides, neither Cosmos's nor Odin's faction has been brought up to speed yet. Let each faction leader gather up and dispatch a small number of troops first. Assuming that all faction heads (Cosmos, ect.) summoned their first champions at approximately the same time, then they would all the same time window to meet with their soldiers. Doesn't that make sense? That's why I wanted all faction leader positions taken up before play started!)
Agrippa

Aries Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:50 pm

(OOC: That's going to be a problem no matter what you do, for the simple reason some people post more frequently then others. I post at least twice a day, for example, while Warboss Spriggs hasn't even posted once yet.)
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doliest on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 pm

OOC:Sorry about my...non-posting. I honestly didn't know the game had started. Sorry about that. I'm doing daily checks now, but, well. Sorry. Embarassed

Doliest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  acecipher on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:02 am

OOC: Yup Yup. I'm waiting on Odin, but otherwise I can post nearly daily (or sometimes even more frequently),. I just need more people on my side to post Razz

acecipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 am

((Look, I've waited too long for this game to start to let it stop now. I'll play Izaya the Inheritor and Orion. That's a bit more then I'm comfortable with, but I'll manage, as it's better then not playing at all. Now, if someone could play Cosmos then maybe we could get on with it.

Also, maybe we should take the time to set the scene. Certain characters should fight on Earth while we play this whole war in the heavens plot, as characters like the Joker, Doctor Strange and Spiderman, not to mention Bullseye are a little out of place in space battles amongst God-like entities, but right at home fighting a guerrilla war against the insidious and gradual corruption of the world by the forces of evil.))
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next