Rat Pack RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

+3
Colesign
draxx
Cracklord
7 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 10 Empty Re: Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  Colesign Sun May 15, 2011 7:15 pm

Bartholomew Dee

{I bow to your knowledge of local geography, Indy. 2nd Floor it is. I'm more of a Northsider, anyways}

Bartholomew Dee observed the Denarian and a well-dressed man have a conversation. The 'classy' fella...looks familiar.

...Marcone. That was it. A prominent businessman, big on architecture, if Bartholomew remember right. He saw the guy at an Art Presentation at the Cultural Center once.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Sanya

When Deirdre makes her move, Sanya cuts the re-growing tips of her tendrils off with a single swing of "Esperacchius", finishing the work that Fix began. Thomas binds her in a hold, and Sanya leans down with Fix, fishing a compress bandage out of his first-aid kit, pressing it to Fix's throat.

"Hold it tightly, Fix. Breath more slowly, or you'll tear your vocal cords." He says urgently, taking out a roll of gauze tape and winding it around Fix's neck.

"Breath more slowly: it'll work out, da?" He says in a lighthearted tone.

Then he hears Deirdre's cries, and looks up to see what Thomas was actually doing.

Instantly, he grasps his sword and is standing upright.

"Get. Off of her, Vampire." He says between clenched teeth and narrowed eyes.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 10 Empty Re: Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  draxx Sun May 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Thomas
"Oh, come on. Not this again." He mutters, stroking her hip with a hand, sending electric tingles up her spine. "How many times do I have to save you to get you to trust me?"
Then suddenly he hits her at the base of the skull. She lets out a little sigh and collapses, unconscious.

Spotting Sanya was still glaring, he shrugs. "We needed to restrain her and calm her down. As it happens, I'm good at that. Could you try to stop being offended at everything I do?" He stands up. "Now then, she's not going to talk to either of us, and as it happens I don't think torture would work either. So I'm all for Fix's idea."

Seeing Sanya again, he throws up his hands. "Unless you have a better idea of how to get her to tell us where her mother is, of course."

Fix
He gives a thumbs up, given his current situation nodding would be a very bad idea. Then he sits down, grimacing in agony, holding the pack firmly and trying to stay calm. The flesh around a throat is very delicate. And very sensitive. He's in considerable pain, and it's all he can do to keep from screaming.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Sun May 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Sanya

{I am acting rather Lawfull Stupid, aren't I? But on the other hand...

Sanya seals the circle again with a drop of blood once Thomas is out.

Then he inhales and exhales slowly.

"I apologize if I've been arrogant and holier-than thou towards you and Fix, Thomas. You've been stalwart allies, and Dresden respected you both greatly. We need to work together to stop Nicodemus, Tessa, and this other figure Marcone referred."

Then a look of frustration crosses his face. "But Bohez Moi! Thomas, you just psychically raped Deirdre! And Fix, you've been casually proclaiming your intention to rewrite her personality and wipe all her memories of who she once was! I know that Deirdre's evil! I know that she's probably not willing to change her ways, or even give us information! But, in the name of all that's sacred, aren't we supposed to be the good guys?"

With that, he kneels to Fix, and takes out additional stuff from his first aid kit, tending to Fix's throat injury. "Does your Summer Knight Mantle help in the healing of wounds? If not, we should take you to the hospital."

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Thomas
He, at least, looks a little ashamed of himself. Getting to his feet, he vaguely shrugs. "She was trying to kill you." He says softly. "It's not like I have much of a say in what I am, alright?"

He then glances back at Dedire. "Look, Dresden told me all about Cassius. Sometimes there isn't a right answer. And I admit it's not the right thing to do. But we're essentially sending her to heaven, and by putting her there, some other girl won't be dragged into the Summer Court and enslaved. Besides, we need the answers, she's our only lead, and Marcone made it very clear we're not welcome to come here whenever we want, so leaving her here will only get us in even more trouble."

Fix
He holds up a palm and shakes it. It's not clear what he means, exactly. There is a lot he wants to say, and sign language can only do so much to explain it.

He never claimed to be the good guy, he just wants to live his life on his own terms, and he knew that this world had a lot of dangerous problems, most of which were bigger then him. He didn't even ask to be involved with all this, he'd much rather get back to his garage and work on cars. And more to the point, he doesn't see the point in going on and on about free-will and letting people choose for themselves. As far as he'd noticed, most people would choose comfort and convenience over freedom any day of the week, and those that didn't tended to be the people society insisted were locked away.

And he didn’t understand why freedom was more important then life. Killing her was fine, even expected, but putting her in an environment when she could do no damage (a very comfortable prison, you know, the basis of the more civilized countries?) was apparently evil. Finally, he was sick of people, from criminals to psychic vampires to knights of the Sword, acting like they were better then him because they never doubted themselves and second-thought their actions.

But he had no way to articulate all that at the present, so he settles for wheezing and glaring at everyone. He does have faster then average healing. He'd repair a broken bone in a week rather then a month, for example. But it was definately not a 'blink and you miss it' deal, he wouldn't be in any shape to do much for a while now.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Sun May 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Sanya

If Fix could have set what he felt, Sanya would have replied that, based on his own empirical experience, choices that were forced upon others tended to end badly. Really badly.

But it was not to be.

"Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" Sanya asked gently.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Mon May 16, 2011 12:26 am

Fix
Thumb down. He points at himself, then makes a 'wait patiently' guesture. He even mannages something very like a weak smile.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 16, 2011 2:22 am

Marcone
The gangster is a man of action. While Nicodemus relishes chats of these nature, Marcone finds them to rapidly lose their shine. He nods politely, then taps his fingers. "I am curious, I must admit. Why do you imagine her to be here? I am confident that is why you saught me out, recognizing my influence here, as well as the possibility of me one day joining your organization. But surely, after losing so many followers here she would decide on a place a little more... stable."

Vlad
The figure makes his way to the roof, starting at the figure already there. Hands unfolding and fingers splayed, his eye glints with the light of a maniac. "Who are you to come here?" He asks the cloaked figure, drawing his powers and swelling. Such is his roused fury flaring he barely notices it is not as much as it should be.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 16, 2011 2:37 am

Nicodemus

"I don't imagine her to be here."

Nicodemus can afford the chats. Immortality means that the rush to fulfill one's life, to dive into things in the 70 years one has is largely negated.

"But the trail, the series of paths through the Nevernever begin here. Tessa is, in all probability, in a safehouse she set up in northern Ukraine. The only relatively safe path begins in Chicago."
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 16, 2011 2:45 am

Marcone
"Well, you know her best. Your instincts are no doubt the best place to start." He says softly, looking up at the night sky a moment, and seeming to relish what he saw. "It seems the White Council will take care of my problem for me, so I am ready to leave when you are. Preferably before they get here, of course. Further more, I had several independent organizations scour the city. Happily, they all reached the same conclusion. She did not pass along the ways. She did stay in Chicago for a week, where she did not make a nuisance of herself, then she departed with four others by means unknown. I had assumed she was either being sheltered by one of the interests here, or she had indeed taken the Nevernever. As to her fellows... New recruits perhaps?"

Ebernezzer
"Don’t suit you.” When you look to your oldest friend for clarification, he shakes his head. “Self pity. Don’t suit you. Not when the thing that did this is still out there.”
It was cruel, but it was the only thing he could think of to shake his friend out of his funk.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 16, 2011 3:02 am

Nicodemus

"Yes. She's always given coins based on short-term, rather than long-term benefit."
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 16, 2011 4:07 am

Marcone
"Well, foresight is an underated attribute in this world we live in. Much like common-sense." He replies. "I was able to get a detailed assement of two of them, both with criminal records, violent dispositions and a history of violent crime. Neither had the opportunity to ammount to much, and spent the majority of their adult lives in prison." He taps his fingers. "Muscle, in short. Easily led astray, but to little lasting benefit. Another was an unknown, no records on him identified. And the third, a former prostitute, thrall of the Red Court, and confidence women who claimed to have predictions. Cassandra's tears, I believe she called them."
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon May 16, 2011 2:32 pm

{Lydia? Lydia went Denarian? Crapppp.}

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Mon May 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Ebernezzer
"Let me guess. The Merlin realized that Vlad's an animal, and he killed Luccario." He'd wanted to fight himself, but the merlin and point-blank refused to let him. They didn't need another threat to the senior Council, they needed stability and the appearence of control. So Anastasia had offered to do it instead, and been approved.
"So now you want me to blow them all up."
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 16, 2011 9:31 pm

(Just a way to keep your character relevent, without forcing things too much)

Ebernezzer
"Don't you?" Injun Joe counters, taking the bottle afterall. "You're not doing him any good here drinking yourself away, and you won't see him again killing yourself. He made a choice, and I don't think he ever regretted it. Time you got back on your feet."
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Tue May 17, 2011 5:39 am

Ivy

"I find that most people in this world do. Wishing for answers is easy. Receiving them is another story entirely."

She continues onward silently. And Sartorius gets the feeling that demanding questions, at least so long as that artifact is around, would not be conducive to his health.

Nicodemus

"The host's don't matter with Tessa; it's the Fallen controlling the hosts who do."

Nicodemus takes out a cigarette, lights it with a silver lighter.

"We'll meet tomorrow to be underway. Noon."
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Tue May 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Marcone
"Oh but it does. It tells you which demons to expect. Afterall, she chose those best suited to possesion." He stretches languidly. "And on that happy note, I suggest we prolong our next meeting until such a time as we have more information. Such as which demons to expect."
He then glances down at his rolex watch. "You will have to excuse me. I am late to a wine tasting, and then I have a scheduled meeting with an organization I am thinking of creating links to in the future. Until next time." He extends his hand to shake, thinks better of it, then walks away, heading to the corner where a Rolls Royce is parked and waiting.

Kincaid
Bellow, he has walked back into the darkness, making for his cage. He needs to heal. If he tries to escape in his current condition, he will not get far. Once he is healed, he can think of getting away.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Tue May 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Bartholomew Dee

Bartholomew Dee writes down the license plate for the totally sweet Rolls Royce that Marcone owns.

And with that, he elects to make his way down the library stairs to see if he can follow Nicodemus some more. When he reaches the first floor, he smooth out his hair and adjusts his jacket, slipping back into the 'boring bystander' role and walking out the library door, stifling a fake yawn.

He moves slowly: better to loose track of Nicodemus then to get discovered.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Tue May 17, 2011 11:41 pm

{So it's up to you, Indy, as to whether ol' Nick eventually notices his tail:the longer Bartholomew tails him, the more likely he's going to be noticed}

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Wed May 18, 2011 12:10 am

Fix
He has prised the metal off his neck, and to his relief the wounds are mostly superficial, failing to do more then cut the skin and flesh. His muscles, throat and arteries are all fine. That’s the good news. He still can’t speak, and his breathing is still less then perfect, but he’s had worse before.

Thomas

“Well, if we’re not going to come to a decision, I think I’ll go call Justine. I left without saying much, and she’s probably worrying.

He pauses, waiting for Harry to make a whipping noise, then his face falls for the fifth time that day when he remembers that Harry is gone. He’s been charging headlong ahead in order to avoid having to think about that, and it’s kept him going, from breaking down or giving up. But it’s not easy at all.

He thinks about Justine again, resolutely blocking anything else from his mind, and walks off, pulling out the flash new cell phone he’d recently bought.

Ebernezzer

He grunted. He knew his oldest friend was right, and for some reason that just made him angrier. He almost wanted to fight him about it.

He breathed heavily, eyes misting, then he grunted again, noncomitally and reached for the pitcher of gin, half empty already.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Wed May 18, 2011 10:35 am

Sanya

Sanya nods. "I leave it up to you, Fix: should we..."

He holds up one finger. "All leave Deirdre here with Marcone, and go forth and pursue other fields of investigation, or..."

Holds up two fingers. "Shall I stay here while you two do that and try to interrogate Deirdre some more?"

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Wed May 18, 2011 8:46 pm

"Look, I was Watson to Harry's Holmes, I know a bit about being a detective. We have two leads to follow. Three, if we count blundering around and hoping that your coincidence power lands us in the lap of another clue. The first is Marcone, which is why we showed up here in the first place to try to intimidate him. That didn't go well, we’ve promised to leave him alone, and now the only way we’ll get anything out of him is promising to work with him. Which means promising to work with Nicodemus, and I for one cannot stomach that. No deed the three of us can think up is going to be as evil as that. Our second is Dedire here. So our only way forward is to find some way to make her talk. We can't kill her, she's too valuable, and then Nicodemus, or Tessa or whatever get to do whatever it is they are trying to do. We don't really have a foothold to redeem her with, because everything she cares about relies on her being a Denarian."

He sort of shrugged self-consciously. "I got a little sample of her wants when I calmed her down. It wasn't pretty, she's no blushing virgin." It's weird to see a psychic vampire who literally feeds on lust and forbidden desires put off by someone. And more then a little worrying.

"Anyway, so if we do have some foothold, Sanya, then you should use it, though if it's just ranting at her like you were before it's a waste of time. Otherwise, we've got limited options.

Ebernezzer
He grunts again, needing to break the silence. "So then, you and me? Merlin decided we can't let this stand?" He actually feels a little eager. He's done bad things, but likes to think that doesn't change who he is, that it's just circumstance. So he's a bit disgusted by how a little flap of eagerness stirs in his breast when he thinks of revenge.

He never claimed to be a saint, but revenge shouldn't feel so good.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Wed May 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Nicodemus

"I should have that information by noon tomorrow."

Nicodemus turns to leave as Marcone does, and leaves a single parting remark in return.

"And if you happen to see a Russian with a sword, give him my information. I do intend to speak with him at some point."

He continues forward, walking east down University Avenue.

"You might as well come out now," he says to no particular person. "It will be better for you if you do."
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Wed May 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Marcone
"Very well. I expect I shall indeed encounter him sooner or later. Until next time." He gets into his car, and is driven away.

Elaine Mallory
Hospitals. Fine pressed linen. White walls (plaster) white ceiling, metal frames for the white bed. All sterile, cold, and clean. Hospitals.
Is there anywhere in the world less comfortable? Hour head aches, a slow, steady throbbing that makes it difficult to think. Someone has cleaned you, and you've been undressed and put into a shift. A machine monitors you, but it doesn't seem important. Then you realize that it's just shorted out. Of course. Wizard.
But you have no idea where you are, or how you got here, or what happened to all your gear. Some of it will be hell to replace if you can't get it back.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Thu May 19, 2011 2:44 am

Sanya

"I wasn't ranting!" Sanya began to object.

He rubs his head. "Well, maybe a little: but to come up with a game plan first, something clever that'll cause Deirdre to willingly spill the beans. I doubt a 'Good-Cop, Bad-Cop strategy' will work."

Bartholomew Dee

Bartholomew Dee can't help but flinch.

Crap.

Time to go.

Bartholomew turns left and walks down a narrow alleyway. He'll catch a taxi back to his place, assuming he doesn't get pursued.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Thu May 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Nicodemus

Fear. It hounds at Bartholomew Dee once he walks into that alleyway. He can hear his blood pound as he lifts one foot in front of the other; can feel his hands twitching, his animal brain shouting at him to move faster, to run, run as fast as he can.

He smells corruption and filth, a metaphysical stain that years of experience with the supernatural community had allowed him to identify. It wasn't a magical sense; it was primal instinct.

And then the sensation passes, and with a rustle of what sounds vaguely like bat wings, Dee sees Nicodemus on the other end of the alley. And unlike before, the Denarian doesn't bother to change his posture, or heighten his voice to disguise himself slightly. He's still dressed in that off-the-rack suit, still wearing that novelty tie that businessmen wear to seem "rebellious." But the image presented is one entirely different.

"Leaving so soon, Mr. Dee?"
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next