Rat Pack RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

+3
Colesign
draxx
Cracklord
7 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 12 Empty Re: Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  draxx Sun May 22, 2011 7:05 pm

Thomas
"You ham." he mutters, then sighs. "Yeah, we tried that." He says, more loudly. "Seemed to be working. Think it was only a matter of time before she told us everything." He fiddles with his saber, then looks at the ceiling a moment.

"Hey Sanya, do you trust me?"
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 12 Empty Re: Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  Colesign Sun May 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Sanya

The Agnostic Communist Knight of the Cross meets Thomas's eyes. "Of course. Why do you ask?"

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Sun May 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Thomas
"Just wanted to make sure. But it doesn't make this easier, somehow." He rubs his eyes. "Look, Lara has Justine. And she's the other party working with Nicodemus. I like you, man. I wish it was another way." Then he moves. He doesn't go for his sword. Sanya has a sword too, and that would negate what advantage he has. He's fairly sure that, despite grueling practice, Sanya is a better fencer then him, and Sanya kills men with more then human abilities all the time.

Instead, he goes for a sucker punch, going for the jaw. He’s not good at unarmed combat, but figures Sanya isn’t either, since he’s so good at armed combat he’s never had to learn.

Cowl
Bending, carefully ignoring Vlad (anything else might be percieved as a challenge and set him off, provoking him to violence) he began to feed the ravens with small strings of meat.
"They talk to me as well. They ask no questions and they tell no lies. What more can you ask from a friend?" He mused. "There is something almost noble about them. Unlike the liars who pretend friendship and whisper poison in your ear. You know they want to do away with you."
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Sun May 22, 2011 11:24 pm

Vlad
The frankness of the words surprised Vlad, then he nodded his head. He was not accustomed to his followers being so bold. It made a refreshing change. He decided he would keep this robed man. He could be trusted, he was a truth-speaker like Kincaid had been, a man more useful then as a mere enforcer. And he had endured enough sycophants to last him several lifetimes.
"Greatness is always looked apon with envy." he replied. "But if the gods are paying even the bloindest bit of notice, I shall be at all their gravesides soone enough."

Bartholomew Dee
Your apartment has been ransacked. The door has been kicked in, the windows smashed, the floor ripped open, and evidence of destruction everywhere you look. The piping has been torn up, and water is soaking the floor. Your furniture has been smashed, and more with evidence of a joy in destruction then any sort of searching. Your walls have had holes smashed in them, even the brick one between the kitchen and the bedroom, and nothing remains that seems salvageable. Even your phonebook has been ripped in half.
It takes you a minute, you've had so many run-ins tonight that it's like you need a list, but you then remember the two men who were with the blond mad-gunmen, people who you'd taken for hired muscle until they became reptilian and started breathing clouds of ash. It seems that they're not done with you.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Sun May 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Ivy

"You're not in the best of shape."

She's looking at him with a mixture of rage and disappointment and frustration and...well...it's really hard to tell what else is in that cocktail of emotion.

"She could have been me, Kincaid. She was somebody's mother."

She never had a mother, really. Ivy's had killed herself rather than be the Archive. And Ivy lived with that knowledge every day.

"She wrote a letter telling her mom how she was the greatest. About how much she loved her. And you...and you..."

She breaks down sobbing, the mordite unconsciously drifting towards Kincaid.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 23, 2011 12:21 am

Kincaid
"It's a cruel world." He replies, indifferent. He feels more guilty about making her sad then about killing the woman. The woman was nothing to him, where as he’d all but raised The Archive. She’s probably the only person he really cares about.
But he can’t apologize for what he is. No matter how much it hurts her, he doesn’t really regret his life. He has a lot less say in what he becomes then the average human, being only half a man wasn’t all fast healing, eternal youth and keen senses, afterall, but it’s his life, and he doesn’t really want it to be anything else.
He doesn't even glance at the Mordite. He just gives his usual cynicism and world-weary experience masquerading as wisdom. "But it's the only one we've got, so we're stuck with it.”
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 23, 2011 1:28 am

Ivy

"Why?"

The mordite surges forward, and cuts the bars of the cage in two.

"Why does it have to be like this? Why do bad things happen to people, and you have to be the one that causes them? It doesn't have to be like this!"

She stares at the floor, sobbing quietly.

"It doesn't have to be like this."

The Archive, by virtue of her power and knowledge, is just under the level of a Faerie Queen. Yet her power is never to be used save in self-defense, or in defense of the Accords; she is bound to be a neutral agent.

Ivy, on the other hand, has no such restrictions. And even though Ivy is the Archive, she is not merely the Archive anymore. And Kincaid knows that letting a twelve-year old girl try to save the world doesn't usually work.

Nicodemus

He returns to his hotel suite, and drops safely to bed. Content with the night's work.

Deirdre

She's finally awake. Showtime.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon May 23, 2011 1:36 am

Sanya

Sanya takes the blow hard, knocked off his feet and falling to the ground. Blood streaming from a burst lip, he shakily tries to get to his feat before Thomas can...

Bartholomew Dee

Bartholomew Dee takes a break from his laugh of relief to really notice the wrecked state of his apartment.

"Someone will pay for this." He mutters darkly under his breath.

He whips out his phone and tries to call Murphy.

"Officer? The brute squad stopped by my house and redecorated it.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 23, 2011 1:40 am

Kincaid
"I didn't set the rules, Ivy. I didn't ask to be what I am. I didn't even ask to be born. But this is it. We're here to stay, and half-demons don't go to heaven." He says. "You can tell me about Descartes, or quote self-help books about 'being the best I can be', or 'I can make a difference', whatever you like, but there are essential facts, and one of them is that I kill people."
He sighs. "Look, there are two worlds we all live in, even just plain folks. The world of words and knowledge, which is distorted by perception, and the world that is. And the world of words can't change the real one. No matter how many people believe this cage ain't here, I'm not going anywhere." He taps his finger on it for emphasis. There is a slight ting noise.
"I'm sorry you don't like what you see. That's why I told you never to see this. There isn't enough good in the world to ballance out the bad. All we can do is keep our heads above water what ever way seems best to us, and find what happiness we can."
He looks at her. "Remember Dresden? He tried to fix things. But the world doesn't like changing. All he did in the end was stir up a war, then make himself a target, and as a result people died and the world became even darker. The Accords don't work. That's why I exist. But they're better then the alternative. Or what, are you going to kill everyone who doesn't agree with you?"
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 23, 2011 1:48 am

Ivy

"...Maybe."

It's said with that sad, quiet desperation of youth. Of a young girl trying to cling onto innocence.

"I just want a family, Kincaid. You and me, and Dresden...before he *hic* and Dresden's kitty, and I just wanted things to be nice. I just wanted things to be normal. To worry about boys and clothing and shopping, and all the things that the non-outliers in the Bell distribution of girls my age worry about."

She's sitting on the floor now, hugging her knees. Too far gone for words.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon May 23, 2011 1:49 am

{Of course, what Kincaid isn't mentioning is that he killed Dresden, the only other person who treated Ivy like a person, and, in fact gave her said name}

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 23, 2011 1:53 am

Ivy
(He implied it, and she's a smart girl. I got the impression that's really why she was angry. But tellling her right now would be crueler then keeping it from her.)
"I know kiddo. I know." He walks over, and wipes her face. He loved the little girl. If she asked him, he really would try to be a better person, much good that it would do.
His clothes are crusted with his blood from the beeting he was given, but it's all he has on hand, and he means well. When she's a little drier, he puts one brawny hand under her, and picks her up, carrying her gently against his chest, and much as she knows what he's done and what he's capable of, she feels safe, like the big scary world can't hurt her. It's nothing but an emotional reaction, of course. She's well capable of looking after herself. But it's a welcome one nonetheless.
Kincaid stands up, slightly unsteady, and turns to leave again. Limping slightly, he makes his way passed Sartorious. Then he turns and smiles his lopsided smile. "Thanks for giving me a place to crash while I got better." he says, as though being kidnapped was them looking after him. "I owe you one."
He then walks out of the underground fight arena, out of the seedy club, and out onto the docks.
"Come on. I'll take you home." He says softly.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Mon May 23, 2011 2:14 am

Murphy
"I'll send an officer. He'll be about an hour, this chain of murders have swallowed all my manpower, and Kincaid has sunk of the surface of the map." And he's not answering my calls. "So you might want to get out of there. A hotel would be best, they might still be watching the place. And be careful. You seem like a good person, and I do not intend to lose any more people."

Thomas
While Sanya staggers, he throws himself on him, knocking him flat on his back, and drives and elbow into his throat, a lot harder the someone play-acting would. He is seriously trying to hurt you. His hand fumbles for the kukri he has at his hip. This close, one stroke will disembowel you, kevlar or no kevlar.

Cowl
"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer? Of course, it never hurts to give them a little push. You owe it to yourself to weed out the weak, so that only the worthy survive."
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 23, 2011 2:19 am

Ivy

"Promise you won't leave?"

She's just a little girl. A little girl with amazing potential and power. A little girl who could end the world...or save it, if she put her mind to either task.

"Promise?"

industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 23, 2011 2:34 am

Kincaid
He pauses. His word is his bond. Then he looks down at her, and his heart, that he'd so long tried to convince himself he didn't have, melts. "Never again." He says seriously. "Not unless you ask me to. And even then, I'd still look after you."

Vlad
"I couldn't agree more. In which case, my new friend, I have a task for you." He feels a great peace settle around his shoulders. He could trust this man. He feels a kinship with him, one that he never felt around his own children. It was something that he had no experience of. During his life he had been forced to fight for everything he had. People only sought him out for their own reasons. Where as this man was like him, outsiders, above the cattle and empty hollow things that filled the earth.
His children were disapointments. Mad eof his body, yes, but so was the contents of his chamberpot. They lacked real ability and inteligence. Kincaid had been different, until he'd betrayed him, and Vlad had killed him. He had liked Kincaid. The betrayal hurt.
And his first child, Vlad, named for himself, who had cast him out, and stollen his kingdom. Another disapointment. But if he could not have a worthy child, perhaps he could find a worthy friend. And he finds he likes this mysterious figure.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 23, 2011 2:36 am

Ivy

"Okay."

She grabs hold of his hand, speaks a word. A portal to the Nevernever, and then, back to the flat in London appears.

"Let's go home."
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Mon May 23, 2011 4:24 am

Cowl
"If I may assist you in some small way, I would be honoured to do so." He replies, turning at long last to face Vlad. "I have considerable respect for you, and to serve you is all I desire."
Vlad was loosing his mind. It's abundantly clear he was cracking at the edges and snapping. He had never been stable, but at least had mannaged to be in control of himself. Now he didn't even have that much.

Fix
He'd left. He wouldn't go to the hospital. Instead he was going to the Chicago Gardens, to sleep in the soil and be restored. It would be faster, and safer all around.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon May 23, 2011 12:59 pm

{Wait a sec: I thought Fix was supposed to be shadowing Deirdre and Thomas via heavy duty veils, so that Fix could provide support once Deirdre began to get suspicious!}

Sanya

Sanya claws futilely at Thomas's side, unable to find the strength or leverage to stop him.

Sanya's a pretty strong man, though, and although it's far from obvious from an outsider's perspective, he's still pulling his punches for Thomas's sake. He still trusts him, even though the fake fight's getting too close to real.

"Why..." He asks, voice raspy and choking from all the physical abuse it's been put through.

Bartholomew Dee

"Point." Bartholomew says in response to Murphy's warning. "I'll call you later. Assuming I'm still alive, you know."

He hangs up. He looks around and considers whether he should pack some stuff, or leave the crime scene that has become his home undisturbed.

He elects to take some stuff, especially the flammable compounds and his occult gear.

He manages to fit most everything (everything not smashed or broken that is) into a duffel bag.

Then he takes the bus down to Bucktown.

Down to Saint Mary of the Angels.

He walks in through the door of the cathedral.

"Uh, Padre?" He calls out nervously.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Mon May 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Fix
(He is the Summer Knight. He has minions to do that while he recovers.)

Thomas
"You'd do the same to me." He says, not confidently, but as though he was trying to convince himself. Then he slams his forehead into Sanya's nose, breaking it. Sanya is much stronger then him, so he's doing all that he can to keep up the offensive.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon May 23, 2011 11:14 pm

Sanya

Sanya head goes flying back, blood spurting out, and collapses. He struggles to get back to his feet, but is completely vulnerable to a finishing move at this point.

"No..." He begins to say in response.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Mon May 23, 2011 11:54 pm

Thomas
"I'm sorry." He says, and drives his thumb into Sanya's eye, then disengages and walks over to the circle, breaking it with his foot. "Look, my sister is working with your father. She's got Justine. I'm supposed to bring you over to her, so she can hand you over to Nicodemus. Are you coming?"
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Tue May 24, 2011 12:20 am

Vlad
"Good. If this is to be my kingdom, I need it swept clean. Kill everyone you find who thinks to stand in our world, but those who promise me service." There is a slight red glow in his eyes as he speaks. "Half have already perished by my hand. It is a good start. Now the rest must die the same way."

Bartholomew Dee
"Ah, Bart. Good to see you." Forthill smiles kindly, and steps aside to let you in. He takes in your appearence, and his face falls a little. "I take it this is not about legal advice then?" You recently found yourself liable for some problems with the IRS regarding improperly explained income, and Forthill generously helps you out with that, pro bono. Which is very decent of him, you've always thought, particularly considering he barely knows you.
"I was just popping out for provisions for the rest of the refugees. I suggest you join them while I pick some out. Any preferences in particular?"

Nicodemus
It's around midnight when you hear banging on the door. A repeated pounding, hard enough to splinter and crack the surface.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Tue May 24, 2011 12:38 am

Deirdre

"Excellent," she hisses, making her way over to Sanya.

"And you've brought me a present, too. How thoughtful."

Nicodemus

He takes the gladius out from its sheath, and moves towards the door.

"Who is it?" he calls out, refusing to let whoever is outside in. A hotel threshold was practically non-existent even at the best of times. This one would barely stop a vampire.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Tue May 24, 2011 12:42 am

Nicodemus
"My name is unimportant." It says in guttural Romanian, and you supress a groan. You're acquainted with the beings who talk like that. Apparently, Vlad had finally found you. It was inevitable that he would, his senses were powerful enough to trace every minor tallent in Austria and exterminate them all, dipping so into Anduriel had been like a flashing neon sign.
"My master Vlad Teppes the second, Drakul, lord of the city on which you currently trespass, wishes to give you the honor of extending his invitation to you. We are celebrating our conquest of the city."

Last edited by Cracklord on Tue May 24, 2011 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Tue May 24, 2011 12:45 am

Thomas
His face is as unreadable as a Poker player. "Contrary to rumor, I am not in the habit of dissapointing beautiful women, Dedire. But don't delay too long." A fair enough warning. Your Fallen increase the powers they can utilize within their hosts by torturing the Knights, afterall.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next