Rat Pack RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

+3
Colesign
draxx
Cracklord
7 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 20 Empty Re: Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  draxx Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Thomas
"I am not an imbecile, what's this look like to you?" He yells, waving the photo like a talisman. The man looked at it. Blurry and unfocused, of course. Even a professional photographer with all the equipment he could ask for couldn't have done much in Sanya's position.

"It looks like you spend too much time playing around with photo shop." The officer says, shaking his head.

"Right. And I suppose the hundreds of people talking about a dragon are all delusional..."

"Symptom of panic. The gasline explodes, the stories grow and all things lose proportion. It's common."

"Gaslines don't demolish two buildings."

"Look, we're trying to get people out of the way in case things get worse, but the last thing we need is a moron like you encouraging them."

Thomas rolled his eyes, trying to figure out the sort of willful ignorance this must take. "Look, fine. Forget the photographs. The bloody thing is over there. Go look. Or am I somehow making your eyes lie to you as well?"

"Yeah, right. Great idea. I'm going to walk into an unstable area where two building just collapsed." He rolls his eyes. "What do you think I am, suicidal?"

Thomas let out a yell of frustration. "You are the most obstinate, moronic,..."

"Yeah, that's enough. Move it along, pretty-boy."

Thomas felt like beating on the man until he got someone's attention, but decided it really wouldn't achieve much. Instead he slouches off. "You're on your own, Sanya."
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 20 Empty Re: Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  Cracklord Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Sanya
The dragon rumbled, a thick trail of black smoke emerging from it's maw as the deep, bass rumble continued. Stone vibrate, and your ears hurt. At first you think it's some sort of attack, then you realize, with surprise, that the thing is laughing.
"Surrender to you?" He rumbled, deeper then any human voice could hope to be, eyes flashing, though whether with amusement or wroth you couldn't say. The things moods seem tempestuous, one moment destroying all it can reach, the next sitting with you and conversing, if not exactly politely. Unstable, then. It was much worse to fight a madman then a rational being. A rational being could be counted on not to do something like loudly announce it's presence in the middle of a city.
"And then what? Would you keep me as a pet, to parade around behind you and show of to the rest of these trembling mortals to mark your conquest of the mighty? No. I do not think I will."
He lowers his big, spear-like head, more smoke leaking out from between it's jaws. "I have seen that sword before. Lay it down, and back away. Perhaps then I will let you live, to tell others of what you have seen. For I have destroyed this cities defenders, and claimed it. Any who wish to take it from me must face my power."

Marcone
It's a war. His men have a defended position, lots of guns the size of their leg, plenty of experience, and plenty of will to win, as well as nice, tight corridors to funnel the enemy. That should be all the advantage he needs. Unfortunately, it's not. He's lost almost half his men, and most of his complex to the creatures, despite inflicting some truly appalling casualties they show no sign of letting up.
More and more of them were killed as they crossed the grounds, and in the arched corridors, but they died hard, and there always seemed more to throw away.
He was low on ammo, low on time, men and moral. It looked like this was to be his final stand.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Sanya

[Can't Thomas use his White Court wiles to persuade the obstinent cop to take a gander at the big ugly Dragon? I mean, there's only so far a persons weirdness censor will go.]

Sanya gazes up at the Dragon. At the very eloquent, well-spoken, arrogant dragon.

"I wasn't planning on parading you down the street, Dragon fellow." He replies, stroking his chin. "But now that you mention it...no, only kidding! That would be silly."

His laughter suddenly stops. "But you misunderstand. I am trying to be kind: no, I am treating you, whether you understand it or not, as you have chosen to be treated."

He raises his arms. "Look at what you've done! You, a Dragon, have destroyed an entire part of a city: wrecked buildings, killed people...and left people to spread tales of your terror. No matter what you do now, the human world knows that creatures like you exist. And they will panic and shiver."

He lowers his arms. "And then they will hunt you down with drones and missiles and artillery and helicopters and tanks and bombs and such. And that's only if I don't kill you myself for the atrocities you've committed here and now. So surrender now, Dragon. Surrender to those human authorities you scorn and belittle. It's the kinder option."

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20