Rat Pack RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

+3
industrious
Cracklord
SeanHiruki
7 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 14 Empty Re: The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  industrious Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:36 pm

But the Oblivion drawings just look so neat...
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 14 Empty Re: The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  Cracklord Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:15 pm

How's that for an obscenely complex circle?

Of course, it should look more like this:
The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 14 5knot_web

Or maybe like this:
The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 14 Tumblr_layx4rr6dH1qexzbvo1_500

Because Abdul Alzaharad the mad Arab was a textbook definition of a chaos mage, one who does not try to control his powers, and force them along a structure, but instead lets them loose. He wouldn't use a circle, because he would not believe in using the will to control the elements he summoned, but rather trying to release them unbound into the world. he believed the human will was not up to the task, and rather tried to unravel the strings of reality to instead have a lovely crumple of pure disorder.
But that's more or less unimportant. I just wanted to put it out there.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

But Ivy doesn't want to do that, and Abdul wasn't mad when he started. I'm thinking an exponential decay in sanity, but still, he was sane at one point.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Dunno. I was always under the impression that discovering his powers and what they came from, understanding the universe at such a level and that he was a link in the chain that would one day have humanity becoming space gods only to be wiped out by another group of space gods and become as evil as those already existing in the process was what drove him mad in the first place.
But that kinda doesn't work in the Dresden Files. So I suppose it works.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Of course, Ivy's also tweaking the Mad Arab's work to impose a sort of order upon it: I could totally see Ivy using a set of Fractals like the one's you've shown us, then enclosing them within pythagorean solids and other Orderly things.

Some more real-world Hermetic sigils for your edification:

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 14 Magical+Circle
The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 14 Magus_Circle1The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 14 Heptam1

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Huh. I love the idea of using a chaos theory propellor as a summoning circle. I really do.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:27 pm

So...Dee's bit the dust.

*Holds his hat to his breast*

Now then...

Spoiler:

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:23 am

Yeah, all right. Sure.

In fact, please do.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:25 am

Cool。

Spoiler:

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14